Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What Have We Been Doing?

Early Sunday morning my Knight headed out to one of my favorite states... Texas! I sooooooooo wanted to go with him. I knew he would be in class ALL day and we wouldn't be able to spend much time together. So I stayed home. I do miss him terribly, but he'll soon be home. YEAH!!!

You must be wondering, why did he have to go to Texas? Well he's taking some kind of course, that was being offered there. His work sent him there to take it. All expenses paid. Not bad. :o) This is a very good for his career. Out of all his co-workers, he was the one chosen to go. I'm so proud of him. He usually ends up traveling once a year. I've been able to go with him a couple of times. It all depends on what he has to do.

So while he's away, I tend to 'slack off'. :o) We'll have a heavier lunch and then have a light dinner. We'll have dinner later than usual or breakfast for dinner. We'll even have dessert for dinner. :o) I rent movies I know he won't really want to watch. ;o)

This week The Warrior has one b-ball practice and a game on Saturday. G.I. Joe had a game Monday night and they lost by one point. It was a good game. But the winning team didn't show good sportsmanship throughout the game. Two of the coaches lost their temper. It's not the first time this has happened. The players were also being rude and disrespectful. The parents were just as bad. Our team stood firm and didn't step down to their level. They continued to cheer their own team on and edify each other. We didn't win, but I was proud of how they conducted themselves. Well done!

Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Still Waters are done with their semester. They are excited that they are officially on summer break, well, at least Still Waters is on break. Soaring Amongst The Clouds is taking a summer online class. Once she is done, she will have her Associates Degree and move on towards her BA. Daughter of the King has finished with all her school work. She won't officially graduate until mid May. I can't believe we'll have three college students this fall. My Fair Maidens are quite the young ladies. I'm so proud of them. They do honor their parents.

Yesterday, my children and I went shopping for a graduation dress, for Daughter of the King. Our Fair Maidens have opted not to graduate in a cap and gown. They don't feel like they have 'officially' finished school, since they were going onto college. Daughter of the King found two dresses and she was only going to pick one. We bought both, not because she wanted both. Finding clothes is not easy. Our Fair Maidens dress moderately. When we find something, we get it. :o) We also found some shorts for Daughter of the King, Soaring Amongst The Clouds and G.I. Joe. Oh yes, and for myself too. While at the mall, we all had some DQ icecream. YUM! All in all it was a great day. It was wonderful to go and spend some time at the mall with my children. They've always been very good about going shopping. Even when they were wee ones. But now, we laugh and enjoy just hanging out.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken this week...



The Warrior found this itty, bitty, baby lizard. It was so cute. I have to say that it took 6 shots for me to finally get one where he's smiling. The Warrior would close his eyes, look the other way, have this dazed sleep look or just try to hide. All this while the itty, bitty, baby lizard laid calmly on his finger. Amazing!



No, not again! Please mom!!!



Nope, this is too much.


Ok, last one. You already have a gazillion bazillion pictures! Why do you want more?! Well darlin', cause you are the only one that caves in and finally smiles for me. :o) Thank you!




Daughter of the King hanging up clothes in her closet. Ok mom, this is it. No more for today. Yeah, right darlin'. LOL!



This was suppose to be of The Warrior, but he ducked. I should do a post of all the pictures I have just like this.



Jewels' went to see her cousin today. Her cousin's ex-husband was involved in a motorcycle accident on Monday. Her cousin called early this morning telling her things had taken a turn for the worse. He had a stroke. She received another call, his lung had collapsed and he had some paralysis. The last call was that he didn't make it. How terribly tragic. She dropped Steps and One With Nature at our home, so they could go to church later on. She was on her way to be with her cousin. She had to drive 1 1/2 hours alone. She will be spending some time with her. Please keep her in your prayers. Her cousin's mom just passed away, not even a month ago.

Here they are playing some Call of Duty. This seems to be a popular game around here. They are quite good at it.



Steps brought his guitar. He, Daughter of the King and some of the youth are in the praise band at church. Here he is practicing a song they'll be singing tonight. I just heard him sing one of my favorites, "My Savior, My God" by Aaron Shust. Steps has an incredible voice. God has sure blessed him with a beautiful voice. He's taught himself to play the guitar.



Daughter of the King and Steps share lots of interests. Music is one of them. Which reminds me, I've got some great news to share. Daughter of the King and Steps were awarded the 'Most Christlike' award on Sunday during AWANAS. Way to go! We are so very proud of you!



I trekked up to Still Waters' room and there she was, blogging. YEAH, I can't wait to read what she's got to say. You can check it out for yourself here. She showed me something she had been working on yesterday. I loved it! I can't even describe it. I don't know what it's called. I told her she would have to blog those pictures. She's so imaginative and creative. Then while I was there talking with her, who should step in? None other than...



....Soaring Amongst The Clouds. She had the biggest grin. It was one of those, "I was just told something and I want to tell the world, but it's only for me and I won't share it", kind of look. I tried to get a picture of her grin, but she kept hiding it.

Then I thought I was being sneaky and turned around to get a candid shot of Still Waters. But I wasn't sneaky enough cause this is what I found...



She was taking pictures of me, while I was taking pictures of her sister. So here we are, taking pictures of each other, taking pictures. LOL! I love my family!



While I was upstairs 'taking pictures'. G.I. Joe, The Warrior and One With Nature were busy having fun in the pool.



I decided to snap some pictures while they were smiling. Oh, more great news to share. Sunday night during AWANAS, G.I. Joe was awarded an award for being the middle schooler that was the 'Most Christlike'. Our Squire has really grown physically and spiritually. We are so proud of him.


Ok mom, this is all you get!



One With Nature, just chillin' out by the pool. This won't last long. You know how boys are... very energetic. LOL!

Well, pool time only lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Growing up, I didn't have a pool, not even an inflatable one. During the summertime, my mom would take us to Venetian Pool. We would be there from the time they opened until closing time. The pool is spring fed. The water was always cold. But we loved it. It had a lagoon feel to it. It was beautiful and we always had a great time. Our children do enjoy swimming. They could be out by the pool all day, but when they have visitors, they all want to do it all. LOL! So they swim a little and play games indoor too. Over all everyone had a great time.

No comments: