Sunday, May 18, 2008

Graduation Weekend Parte Una

As I was downloading ALL the pictures I wanted to share, Soaring Amongst The Clouds came into my bedroom and plopped unto my waterbed. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my waterbed? Well I do! It's one of those old fashioned waterbed, it's full motion. You can feel the whole bed move like a wave when you touch it. I love it and so does my Knight.

Well, back to what I was saying... she looked so cute, I had to take a picture...



"Oh no mom! I'm not looking!" That's ok sweetie, I don't mind. :o)



"Ah mom!" No problem sweetie, I can still imagine you smiling under my blanket. :o)



Then all of a sudden I heard a buzzing sound. Ah, it's her beau, Airman G! GREAT! In order to text him back, she has to be able to "see" so, out pops her head from under the blanket. Timing is everything. Thanks Airman G! :o)

What a weekend this has been! We have been so busy, I haven't even had time to write an entry. Boy do I miss it when I don't get to journal about our 'happenings'. I have TONS of pictures to share and just as much to write about. So go get a cup of java (or coke in my case.. soda, not the illegal stuff), prop up you feet, relax and sit a spell.

I'll start with Friday night...



G.I. Joe helped out as a waiter at a dinner function at our church. The dinner was for a chaplain who ministers to those serving time in jail. All those attending the dinner were police officers and some who were ministered by the chaplain. I had asked K what time the function would be over so Still Waters could pick him up. She told me they would be done by 9p. Dependable daughter that she is, she was there right on time. More on this in a bit...

Soaring Amongst The Clouds took The Warrior to his baseball practice. They were there until 7:30 or so. On the way home she picked up a pizza and a dozen garlic rolls from our favorite pizza place. That was their treat. I felt guilty that My Knight, Daughter of the King and I were going to go eat at out. More on that later...

Ok, back to G.I. Joe and the dinner function. Still Waters picked G.I. Joe up at the time she was told. From there they went home to eat our favorite pizza. Fast forward to Saturday. Turns out the dinner function didn't get done until 10p! The helpers were there until 11p cleaning up. I have to be honest. I'm glad all of mine were home safely by 9p. I would of been a nervous wreck had I known they were still out at 11p, being that I was over an hour away.



Now, let me tell you what we did on Friday night. Our church invited all the graduating seniors from our church to dinner and to an 'outing'. Had we had any college graduates, they would of been invited too. We went to the 'Ohana restaurant at Walt Disney World. The seniors got to vote as to what they wanted to do after dinner. Their choices were, miniature golfing at Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney Winter Summerland, go cart racing, or see the movie: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Would you believe they picked the movie?! What an AWESOME group of graduates we have!



We took a couple of pictures in the lobby of the Disney World Polynesian Resort. Do you know how many takes it took for me to get one printable shot? SIX! I would print them all, but I'll spare you the goofiness (pun intended).



We decided (or should I say, I decided) to have some pictures taken by the pool. As you can see, there were only two young ladies graduating. My Daughter of the King and her closest friend, KT.



Here we have the handsome young graduates. You can't see it, but right behind them is a water slide. My Mentor (she is the high school girls Sunday School teacher) didn't know about the water slide. She kept telling the young men, "Some of you climb up and sit on the top of the rock." Yep, that would of made a pretty picture. All we would of seen were flailing, wet legs.



This is extremely unusual of KT. I don't believe I have EVER seen a picture of her like this. I'm honored that I was the one that was able to capture this moment. Notice, Daughter of the King is oblivious. LOL! This really cracked me up!



Way to work the camera ladies. ;o)



I have to tell you, it took me 18 takes, to get this one shot. Wish I could share them all. But I think some would KILL me if they ever happen upon my blog and find the pictures. Here they are looking all prim and proper. YEAH... right!



These two were striking their modeling pose. I'll leave this one alone...



Boys having fun...



Mr. Pool (on the left) drew a heart on the sand. He coaxed Steps to look at him 'lovingly'. Back in my younger days (100 years ago), guys wouldn't be caught dead doing something like this, but times sure have changed. This is quite the norm now. But to tell you the truth, it really was funny. In a weird way. LOL!



... a heart has been broken...



Their creativity amazes me.



My Knight and I, in a tropical setting. Ah... how romantic... yeah right... as we are surrounded by 10 graduating seniors and 4 other chaperons! LOL! Well, I can always pretend we were alone. Oh, we were complimented for getting into the 'spirit' of things because of our Polynesian attire. I even straightened my hair to to try and look Polynesian. But there's no way this Ameri-Cuban chica could EVER possibly look like a Polynesian hula girl. I do have the moves though (must be the Latin blood), just ask my Knight. ;o)



I LOVE this flowers. I think they look like angels. The white leaves (or are they petals?) look like wings. If you happen to know the name of these flowers, please tell me. I would love to plant a few of these around our pool. It'll give us a tropical feel while we're swimming or relaxing outside on our deck.


Dinner time! Dinner at 'Ohana is buffet style but different. It's even better, cause we didn't have to get up to get anything! Everything was brought to us. Disney sure does know to treat their guest! ;o) The food was ABSOLUTELY DELISH!!! What did we eat? Well let me tell you, chicken, pork, turkey, steak, shrimp, sweet Polynesian bread, noodles and salad. I can't even begin to describe how tasty everything was. The waiters were constantly coming by and asking if we wanted more of... (everything I mentioned before). I'm a steak eater. Forget the chicken, turkey, shrimp and pork! I had second, thirds and four helpings of steak. Would you believe I even had room for dessert?! YEAH BABY! Dessert was: bread pudding, vanilla ice cream with some banana caramel syrup. Be still my heart!



The Hula Lady took a liking to our young men. She was lots of fun. There was plenty of entertainment.



I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but my Knight and I teach the college/career Sunday School class. Which is why we got to go along on this fellowship. All these graduates will be moving up to our class. We a thrilled to have them in our class again. You see, my Knight was the high school boys Sunday School teacher until last year. So he's had the pleasure of teaching them before. Now I get to be blessed by them. YEAH! :o) Sir Nice and The River are twins. This is Sir Nice, he's soooo funny, can you tell? LOL!



Daughter of the King and KT sat next to each other. They've been friends since 6th grade. They are very good friends. Which is kind of funny cause they really don't have that much in common other than they are godly young ladies. Which in reality is a pretty big thing to have in common.



George (on the left) and The River got picked to hold the limbo stick. Why did they get picked? Well George told the Hula Lady that it was his birthday! LOL!


Hula Lady, dressed them up in hula skirts and leis. She gave them enough leis so they could share it with out entire group. Pretty awesome! After they had their skirts and leis on, the Hula Lady went away to get some other stuff. I started to tease George and The River. I told them she went to get the coconut bikini tops. LOL!



Here they are 'hanging loose' while Mr. Bill was calling the theater to find out what time the movie was playing. Ok, I'm dating myself, but I really don't mind. Remember the show, "Mr. Bill" on Saturday Night Live? Well, our youth pastor reminds me of that show. Wish they had those on dvd, they were soooooo funny!



Daughter of the King and KT were the only high school ladies that were able to make the fellowship. My Mentor is the high school girl's Sunday School teacher. I was a helper in that class up until last year. My Mentor has been a good friend of mine for over 14 years. She is exactly what Scripture describes as a Titus 2 woman. She really isn't that much older than I am. But I didn't come to know the Lord until I was 28 years old. At the time she didn't even know it, but I was watching her. She lead me by example. She's really and AWESOME lady. I'm so thankful for her friendship.



George, Mac and Steps have been friends since infancy. How special it must be to have lifelong friends. What a blessing.



We went to the AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theater. As you can see by the name of the theater, there are 24 theaters! This place is HUGE! Being that I'm directionally challenged, I could easily get lost! They have more than one entrance! Good thing my Knight came along, he's a great navigator. Did I mention that Mr. Bill has poor navigational skills? Oh... the stories our youth group could tell!

I decided to quickly take some pictures before the previews started. Daughter of the King and KT got camera shy. The theater was starting to get crowded, but everyone was real nice about my picture taking. I even heard a young lady ask about our group. When she found out what we were doing, she said, "I wish I went to a church that did that."


As you can see, the young men had no trouble being camera shy. Thanks guys! You all are so easy to work with. Well, all except The River (the twin with the red cap). All night I was trying to get a picture of the twins together. I thought, I'm sure their mama would love it. He made it quite difficult for me. So much so, that this is the only "together" picture I got of them.

All in all Friday night was absolutely FANTABULOUS. I laughed so much , that tears weld up. I'm really looking forward to getting to know these young men and ladies better. Well, I know the young ladies. :o) My Knight and I hope that they continue to come to Sunday School. Sometimes the transition from high school Sunday School class to college/career Sunday School class is hard to make. It's sometimes intimidating to be 17 or 18 years old and step into a class that has members who are 18-26 year olds. We hope and pray they'll feel welcome and accepted. The members in our class are a great group and I know they are eager to get some fresh blood... I mean happy to make new friends.

Ooops, I forgot to mention how late we were out. We didn't get home until 2:30a! As I was getting ready for bed, I realized my Knight was going to ump two games on Saturday and The Warrior had a game at 9a. I had completely forgotten to wash my Knight's sliding shorts and The Warrior needed his sliding shorts washed too, since he had just used them for practice. He usually has two, but he out grew one. Since this season is almost over, I had decided to wait until next season (I'm sure he'll be growing some!) to purchase a new pair. So yep, I started doing laundry at 2:30a. Then I had to wait until it was done to put it in the dryer. Between one thing and another, I didn't get into bed until 3:30a. But hey, my men had clean sliding shorts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady G~ Your plants are shrimp plants. Can you tell I like gardening? Love ya!