Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Today mothers across the U.S.A, get treated like I get treated year round. I'm so blessed and I know it. I hope you all had a blessed Mother's Day too.

Our church service was great. They had all the moms stand up to be recognized. Then they asked for all the moms that were 90+ to stay standing. The eldest mom was 100! They gave her a beautiful rose corsage. To look at her, one couldn't tell her age. Turns out, she's the mom of the quilting lady that gave Daughter of the King roses a couple of days ago. Pretty awesome! They also asked for the moms who had the youngest child. This mom had a baby who was a couple of months old. Tooooo precious! She also got a corsage. Then they asked for the moms who had 4 or more children present with them. There were quite a few. They asked who had 5 or more children present. There were three of them, me included. We each got a corsage. I love flowers, then again, what woman doesn't? :o) I didn't pin on, I wanted to hold it so I could sniff it. They smelled heavenly.

After the service we headed to our Castello to change clothes. We had decided to go see Iron Man. It was great. We all enjoyed it. From there we went to Outback, but it was packed! So we headed to the Chili's close to our Castello. We called ahead and got on the waiting list. Once we got there, we still had to wait, but at least it wasn't an hour wait. :o) Dinner was great. Then it was back to our Castello for dessert! YEAH! We had key lime pie and chocolate mint pie. They had also bought me some haagen daz butter pecan ice cream. YUM! I saved the ice cream for later, but I had the key lime pie. ;o)

Every year on Mother's Day, I like to have a picture taken with my children. This year, I decided to post how many "takes" it takes to have ONE picture turn out...



Take one...



Take two...




Take three...


Take four...



Take five...


Take six and that's a wrap!



Take one with the squires...



Take two...



Take three... take two came out better. Let's print that one.



Take one with the Fair Maidens...


Take two...



Take three...



Take four... we'll print take two.



My Knight and his Lady G~ Look at those blue eyes, I fall more in love with him every day. As it that's possible.



I wore my "Texas" shirt for Mother's Day. He brought us each a shirt from San Antonio, Texas. That's where he was all of last week. I LOVE TEXAS! Always have. I've only been there once, back in 1983. But I've loved Texas since I was a wee little one. Well, there are two places I've always loved and wanted to live in, Texas and Colorado. :o) I LOVE my new t-shirt. I'm sure I'll wear it out. :o) Thanks Babe!

What do you give a mom who has everything? You give her, time with those she loves. That's exactly what they gave me. I had the most wonderful day. The kind of day mom's dream of. We spent the day laughing and having fun together. All I saw was smiling faces. Oh, they also gave me the movie, "27 Dresses". I loved that movie. I'm also going to have highlights done later on this week. So come back and see how it all turns out. But the priceless gift I got was from The Warrior. He told me, "Mom, because it's Mother's Day, I won't burp or gas." How can you top that?!

To my children,
Words can't describe what you mean to me. I am the person I am today because God blessed me with you. You have all taught me so much. I hope and pray that when you have children, you'll be as blessed or more blessed (if that's possible) than I was. I love you...
mom~

No comments: