Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

This year, 2008 is off to a good start. We were surrounded by friends and family. Lots of wonderful things will happen this year. I'm already starting to think ahead. Lots of changes will take place.

You see, Soaring Amongst The Clouds will turn 21, which makes her legal. Still Waters will be 20. Daughter of the King will be of voting age, 18 and will be a student at the Alumni University. G.I. Joe will celebrate his 14th birthday and will be participating in high school sports. The Warrior will be turning 12. My Knight and I will be 45. We will be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary. And that's just for starters! Lord, help us to follow you every step of the way. Help us to be aware of the deceiver and not to fall for his lies.

Funny how we make plans, and sometimes get bummed out when what we've planned starts to fall apart. I was soooo looking forward to having my friend Jewel's and her family come over to help us celebrate the New Year. But it didn't work out. They did allow Steps to come over and spend time with us. My friend The Scrapper came over. So did her son Airmen G. Her daughter KT was babysitting (and was spending the night) for friend of theirs. The Seamstress was here too. While The Scrapper and I sat talking and playing with her new scrapbooking toys, everyone else (my Knight included) was upstairs, playing video games. We could hear them downstairs laughing and having a good time. At the risk of being fired as a Sunday School teacher or judged, I will not share something BUT, I will just blurp about it and say, "Oh yeah!". So when my children read this in the future, they'll smile and say, "Yeah, that's my mom! I remember that." ;o) It didn't surprise me when ten minutes before midnight, my door bell rang... it's my dad and mom. Happy New Year!

My dad had called around lunch time saying, "We are thinking of coming over." I didn't get my hopes up cause, my dad is, well, my dad. He has the gift of good intentions. LOL! He wants to, but he doesn't always follow through. I love him anyway. Then he calls me around 4p.,"Well, I'm feeding Drama Queen's turtle and dog. We haven't packed yet, but I'll head home as soon as I'm done." LOL! A little after 6p, my phone rings, "Well we just got on the turnpike." LOL! I was ready... they'll be hear just in time to hug and kiss for New Years. Did I ever mention that one year they got to our home 2 minutes before Thanksgiving Day was over? We quickly sat at the table and started eating, so we could say, we had Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day. We still laugh about it.

Wish I could say, I was able to take lots of pictures, but I wasn't, people just didn't want to cooperate. But here are a few that turned out...


The guys are all playing Call of Duty 4. Guess I should mention that The Warrior (who happens to be the youngest) beat everyone.



Airman G with his mom, The Scrapper. I like this picture. The Scrapper doesn't smile much for pictures. Glad I got this shot. She's very happy her son is home for Christmas/New Year's. He's a cadet at the Air Force Academy.



My Still Waters with her beautiful serene smile.



My Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Airman G. They have known each other since they were 12. They met the one year our Fair Maidens attended school. Earlier on New Year's Eve, a group of Airman's friends got together at a restaurant to watch the Air Force play California. He invited Soaring Amongst The Clouds. They all had a good time in spite of the Air Force loosing. :o(



The Warrior hiding from me. URGH!!!



The Seamstress, she doesn't smile much. There is a language barrier, but she isn't willing to make new friends. We have tried, to get her to meet others, but she just doesn't want to. I feel bad for her, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Once my parents came, she changed. My mom and her played domino's until 2:30a!



Daughter of the King and Steps waiting for the New York, big, shiny ball to drop. I wonder what she's saying to him. Do you notice that little attitude look?


Have mentioned that I love my dad? Well, I do! Holidays are hard for him. He misses my brother, his mom and his sister. I miss my brother very much too, but there is a difference, I have hope. Hope that one day I'll see him again. Please pray for my dad.

I have to say this, cause it made me think how different things are in our family. Everyone hugged and kissed (on the cheek), while we celebrated bringing in the New Year. Airmen G and Steps, dared not even touch our Fair Maidens. It's good to know that there are young men who still show honor and respect. The only big smooch that night was my Knight's and It's. Everyone had a great time. We all went to bed around 3a. It good to be surrounded by family and friends.

May the best of your past be the worst of your future...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

My husband loves Call of Duty. He used to play it online all the time and was actually part of a "clan." He doesn't have 4 though.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'll take your closing blessing as though it were meant especially for me. Thank you, Lady G!

Lady G~ said...

Tiffany- Call of Duty is a big hit over at our Castello. Two of our Fair Maidens have even gotten into it. LOL!

Californiateacherguy- You won't believe this, but that's a quote from a movie. I liked it so much, I added it to my list of favorite quotes. Glad you were blessed by it.