Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Funny.... Not!

I had an appointment to for an ultrasound this afternoon. They told me to come with a full bladder. So I did as I was told. As soon as I walked in to the office, (while smiling) I told the receptionist, "I'm here for an ultrasound. I was asked to come with a full bladder. I just have to tell you, that I've had six pregnancies. I'm not able to retain like I use to." She told me, she would let them know I was ready. I saw her get up and walk out with my chart. I kept fidgeting. Praying that the flood gate wouldn't open. Well 30 minutes later, they still hadn't called me. I was in pain and it was evident. I went back to the receptionist and told her I needed to reschedule my appointment. She took one look at me and said, "You don't look too well." I smiled back and politely said, "Please reschedule me, I'll be right back." When I got to the bathroom, I could see why she had made that comment. I was pale and sweaty (remember, I'm Hispanic). No wonder she looked concerned. By the time I got out, they still hadn't called me. She gave me my appointment card. She winked at me and told me she gave me the first appointment after lunch. That way I'd be the first one in. I thanked her and went on my way, still in pain. Which means, I have to do this all over again next week. How fun! :o)

On my way back from my appointment that wasn't, I had to stop by the Recreation Center and leave a baseball sign up flyer. Then on my way home was a horrendous car accident. The road home was closed. Traffic was being detoured. I decided to stop at the grocery store and get a dessert. I wanted some comfort dessert. I bought an Angel Food cake and Sherbet ice-cream. Yum! When I got home, I cut the cake in half (all the way around). Then layered the Sherbet ice-cream all the way around. I put back the top I had cut off and put it all in the freezer. After dinner (pizza- I told you I needed comfort food!), we had dessert. It was DELISH!

As for my rest of the day, I would personally say that it was productive and that things went smoothly. Someone else might say, "Are you kidding?!" Let me tell you why. Daughter of the King and The Warrior had appointments to get their teeth cleaned. We were in an out in less than one hour. No cavities! YEAH! We got home and I laid down for a nap. I'm fighting a flare-up. While I was napping, my children had lunch. Since we aren't back to school officially, I had G.I. Joe and The Warrior read a chapter in each of the books I had assigned to them. They also read their God's World Newspaper. They read a Proverbs a day. That was it for today, but remember we don't go "back to school" until next week. Why? Because our Fair Maidens are still on vacation. :o) Later on in the afternoon, Daughter of the King and G.I. Joe had appointments to get their hair cut. Since I was napping, Daughter of the King went with her brother to the appointment. This is the first time I have not been present at a hair cut appointment. I feel like I'm being faced out. LOL! I know that this is a taste of what's to come. But I welcome it. I know my children are growing up. Not only are they growing up physically, but the are maturing. I'm so blessed.

Now I can't wait to go to bed, but it's only 8:30a! That was my day. How was yours?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That cake sounds really good. I used to make something very similar. You cut the cake in half and scoop out a little trench of cake. Mix the cake with blueberry pie filling and fill the trench with that. Put the top back on and frost it in whipped cream. Yum! I will have to try the sherbert cake. My family would love that.