Monday, January 07, 2008

Scooter's 1st Birthday


A year ago today, my GREAT-nephew Scooter, was born. :o) Yesterday, The Constable & La Madre (Scooter's parents) gave him his first of many, birthday party. We had pizza, Caesar salad, antipasto, sodas, wine and cake (remember, mom is part Italian)! He even had his own little birthday cake to do with as he pleased. My children had never seen this done. They asked, "Mom, why did they do that?" I told them, it's an American thing. LOL! Our family never did that, then again, we are Hispanic. :o) At first he wanted nothing to do with the cake. After much encouragement for The Constable, he got the idea and there was cake everywhere!



Since all of The Seamstress' grandchildren were there, we took advantage and snapped a picture. I was having trouble with Still Waters' camera, so it didn't come out too clear. :o( Sitting on the couch we have: The Constable holding his son Scooter, The Seamstress, Still Waters and The Warrior. Standing behind the couch we have: Daughter of the King, G.I. Joe,
The Charmer, The Jester and Soaring Amongst The Clouds.

We had great fun watching him crawl, laugh, and squeal with joy at all his new toys. Believe me, he got plenty of it! It's hard to believe that a year has past. I got onto my nephews. Telling them they better hurry up and get married. J.R. needs cousins his own age, not years and years older! To which they just laughed at me. Boys....

No comments: