Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Form Of Relaxation

Yesterday I wrote about how our words are important. Well today I'm going to write about the word, "relax". We all know what it means but we might have a hard time explaining it, so click on "relax" and check it out.

The other day when I had lunch with the Scrapper she was telling me about one of Airman G's friend. Who also happens to be a cadet at the Air Force Academy. This young man trains for triathlons as a form of relaxation. As she was telling me this, she was laughing (not at him) but at the thought that someone might do that to "relax". But people relax in different ways.

To tell you the truth, I can sooooo understand this young man. No, I don't do triathlons, but I use to be a runner. Actually, I use to be a sprinter, I've never had the stamina for long distant runs. I find playing sports very relaxing. When I was able to, I played softball. I also really enjoyed doing aerobics. But now because of the chiari, I can't do sports that "jar" my brain. So anything that has running, jogging or jumping and anything that causes me to hyper extend my neck. :o( I miss playing sports. But the risk is not worth taking.

About a month ago, I started walking. For now I walk 2 1/2 miles, 4-5 days a week. It's not what I'm use to, but I find it relaxing. I put my ipod on and take off. I have to confess, I listen to some songs that get me moving. No slow songs. If you want to hear some of what I listen to and you have itunes check out the songs below. If you don't have itunes, click on the following names: Take The Lead Soundtrack (some of the songs), Every Time We Touch by Cascada, Pon The Replay by Rihanna (the clean version), Shall We Dance Soundtrack (some of the songs), Torre De Babel by David Bisbal, and some of other songs. As you can see, my taste in music is eclectic. I like just about everything except what I call, "screamo" music. I like anything that has a good beat to it. I plan on increasing my walking distance. But at present time, I'm training our Nicodemus (gold retriever) to walk along with me. He's a pretty obedient dog, but I still keep him on a leash. The problem is, he's really out of shape. Keep in mind we live in a hot state. We also live out in a rural area. Our Castello is on 5 acres. All the homes around us are 3+ acres. He's also an indoor dog and he weighs 100 lbs. Today was the second time he went walking with me. At times I felt like he was walking me, so I really got a work out. LOL! Who would of thought that walking would give one a workout?! LOL! Taking Nicodemus along was my Knight's idea. He feels that Nicodemus would deter any... ah... trouble from happening. I love my man, he's such a... knight. ;o)

People relax in different ways. The Scrapper enjoys watching TVLand and old classic movies. She also likes to shop online and play online games. That's her way of relaxing. The Warrior relaxes playing video games, even though it's Call of Duty 4. LOL! My Knight, well.... he doesn't know how to relax. It's a joke around out Castello. We often tease him by pretending that our eye is twitching and we pat the "twitching" eye. We tell him that he relaxes by tensing up. We got that from the movie, The Kid. He really has a hard time relaxing. He's always busy doing something or busy thinking. Lately he has taken up playing Call of Duty 4. Which is great cause Soaring Amongst The Clouds, G.I. Joe and The Warrior play along with him too. Still Waters relaxes by drawing, weather it's on the computer or on her sketch pad. Daughter of the King relaxes by reading. G.I. Joe relaxes by playing/practicing baseball. Soaring Amongst The Clouds, relaxes by thinking about Airman G and watching movies.

I do have to say that the best way for me to relax is by praying. Sometimes it's not as relaxing. There are times that it's emotionally and physically draining. But not in a bad way, "in a cleansing, crying out to the Lord", good way. The release and freedom I feel after one those conversations with my Heavenly Father is indescribable. I know that my children pray. I can tell, by their countenance. I know that my Knight prays, it's evident. He's a godly man who God has blessed with wisdom and discernment. Praying is a great way to relax.

What do you do to relax?

No comments: