Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Artist


God has blessed Still Waters with incredible talents. This is one of her class projects. She had already drawn the fairy but wasn't sure what else to paint. We came up with the idea of the fairy watching a fairy being born out of a flower. I have a wild imagination and I'm creative, but I can't draw to save my life. LOL!



First off let me start by saying that this class that Still Waters has to take considering the major she chose, is causing her to stretch. I mean, S-T-R-E-T-C-H wayyyyyyy outside her comfort zone. Still Waters is very creative and artistic. At the same time, she is very methodical, analytical, symmetrical, logical and a perfectionist to boot. So I'm sure now you see how this class has really pushed her to go outside her box.

Once again, all the students were allowed to paint what they wanted. In the last painting, the object was to use complimentary colors. Notice there is no orange. She does not like that color. I think she did a great job. I should mention she got an A on this project. She's turning the "fairy" painting in on Thursday. I'm sure she'll get an A too.

Baby Girl,
I don't love you because you are talented. I don't love you because you are creative. I don't love you because you are gifted, beautiful inside and out. I love you because you are you. I love you forever... I like you for always... As long as I'm living... My baby you'll be...
love always,
Mom~

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! She is really talented. I'd love to see some of her other work.

Lady G~ said...

Thanks. I wish I had some of her talent. But I'm content seeing her blossom. :o)