Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Our Day Was Like Today...



Tropical Storm Fay is wrecking havoc on Central Florida. Classes were cancelled until Wednesday. Good ole' Fay has decided she loves Florida and wants to stay for a while. What is it with these storms that start with "F"? First Frances a couple of years ago and now Fay is doing the same thing. I say skip the letter "F" next year!

Still Waters got up early to attend her class today. She was scheduled to work this morning, since her classes start at 1p. But a little before noon, she got an email stating that all classes had been cancelled for the day. Even so, I took some pictures...



She has no idea how....



beautiful she is... inside and out. I love you Baby Girl!


Well, Still Waters later received an email from one of her professors. I won't go into details, I'll let her write an entry about it. Next thing I knew she was dressed and ready to go once again...



She decided to change her outfit. By this time, it was obvious Fay was going full force.



I love this picture. She doesn't like for me to take close-up pictures of her, but I can't help myself. :o) Sweetie, I would say I'm sorry, but I'd be lying.



I lover her rain boots! They have little cherries on them. They are just tooooooooo cute! Needless to say her feet remained dry and warm. :o)

So here is what we did today...


Daughter of the King went to church to quilt with the Ladies from the quilting ministry. Since they meet only on Thursdays, she won't be able to help out during the fall semester. I know she will miss quilting with the Ladies. But she'll be able to help out again in the summer. After quilting she went to have lunch with her friend KT. KT LOVES Chick-Filet, so that's where they ate. :o)

I took this picture while she was cooking dinner. She was happy because Steps was going to be dropped off at our home while his folks went to a bible study gathering. Well, due to "Fay" everything got cancelled. There's been lots of flooding and power outages. She was bummed that he wasn't able to come over, but she's very understanding. She's such a good girl. Sweetie... you ROCK!!!

Well, two thrill seekers decided to brave the wind and rain...



Soaring Amongst The Clouds is leaning forward as the wind is pushing her back. She is wearing my raincoat. Little did we know...



... it needed to be scotch guarded again. She got soaked! She started laughing when she happen to glance over at...



... The Warrior. He was being his goofy self. As you can see, his raincoat is repelling the rain. He didn't get soaked. Well a least not his upper body. His lower body got soaked.



Since they were already wet, they decided to just go ahead and take the raincoats off. Do you think they are cold? LOL!!!



Ok, we've had enough... it's wayyyyyy to windy...



...... and cold!!!



I couldn't resist, I had to take one more picture. The Warrior decided to make it one of his infamous "eye" shots.

While they were busy playing with thunder storm "Fay"...



...... poor Still Waters was trying to dry off one of her books. Apparently, her new backpack is not water resistant. One more thing that needs to be scotch guarded. Guess we're going to need to get a couple of cans of scotch guard.



This is what I found when I went to open our front door. Yep, the rain is coming in through the bottom of our front door. My hands hurt from the towel wringing I've been doing.



Earlier today Soaring Amongst The Clouds and I went out. Since it was still storming, I decided to wear.....



....... water shoes! I LOVE them! My jeans will get wet, but I know my feet will stay dry AND my toes won't freeze!



Here's a better look. They are cute aren't they?! But wait.........



My rain boots are cute too! LOL! I LOVE cute shoes! I'm not into fashion. I'm eclectic. I know what I like. If it's not in style, I wear it any way. Why allow others to dictate what to wear?

All in all, things have been quiet around the Castello. I'm just enjoying having my children home. I know the time will come when they won't be dwelling with us in the Castello. They will have their own Castello. Be still my heart...

No comments: