Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Good Sister

Still Waters has been named, The Good Sister, by her brother The Warrior. Let me tell you how she came by this name...

My friend the Scrapper and her children, Airman G and KT rented a condo at the beach for a week. Tuesday morning, Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Daughter of the King left around 8a. They went to spend one night with them. Not to worry, Airman G is a gentleman and Soaring Amongst The Clouds is a fair maiden. There were plenty of rooms for everyone. :o) The girls slept in one room. the Scrapper slept in another room and Airman G slept on the couch. Besides, those that know us, know that our children are very protective about each other. KT is very protective about her brother too. So all was good.

I was up when our Fair Maidens left. I was laying down on the couch watching fox news. The next one to get up was The Warrior. As he was walking down the stairs wrapped up in his quilt, the first question he asked was, "Where are the girls?" I told him they had left. Immediately his countenance changed. He was heartbroken. "They left without kissing me and saying goodbye." Yes, The Warrior said those exact words. He is the tender hearted one.

He loves to have his sisters home. It's not that they are constantly around each other. More often than not, everyone is doing their own thing. But I think he likes knowing that they are here. That he can go into their room, sit on their beds and just "hang out". He lit up once he saw that Still Waters was home. He told her, "You are the good sister."

Needless to say that once they got home he was thrilled, but that didn't stop him from giving them a hard time. But we all had fun with it. Even the fair maidens who had "broken" his heart. I love my family. I love the way they have fun with each other, without hurting each other.

Be still my heart...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your kids have such sweet relationships. I'm sure they have their share of disagreements but it's wonderful how much they enjoy each other.

Lady G~ said...

Tiffany- I know this is going to be hard to believe, but our children rarely bicker. But it wasn't always this way. I remember many times, running to my room, locking myself in and crying/praying on my knees.

Why did I lock myself in my room? I didn't want to be a screaming out of control mom. I'd put myself on time out and it worked for me. :o)