Thursday, June 12, 2008

All Tuckered Out!

It has been non stop lately. I've been in an emotional and physical roller coaster ride. Nothing major has happened. But we tend to make mountains out of mole hills. If only I would just, be still and let God do his thing.

Physical roller coaster: The Warrior's baseball team, the Dodgers, won top team in our little league. Which means the Dodgers have been playing all the teams in our district to see who is Top Team of our district. They have been undefeated this season. Tomorrow night is the championship game. When they win (I'm speaking life into it), they will be have had an undefeated season. During this tournament, the scores have been, 29-0, 18-0, 26-0 & 11-0. We are all very excited and thrilled to be having such an awesome season. We can't wait for the All Stars games to start. We won't find out who's made the team until June 15. So for now we are waiting on pins and needles. :o)

Oh, I forgot to mention they reason why going through all this feels like a physical roller coaster ride . Well, we have to travel to the nearby cities to compete. The closest one is 45 minutes away. The farthest one is almost 2 hours away. The driving around gets to me. But it's all good. The Warrior is having fun and we are too. I sure wish we had a car that could fit all of us. That way, we'd only have to drive one car, not two. All this traveling it taking it's toll on my body. Since I have lupus, any kind of stress (be it good or bad) causes me to go into a flare up. The last couple of days, I've been chillin' out. I need to get better so I can attend the last game tomorrow night. GO DODGERS!

Emotional roller coaster: Hmmm, what to share and what not to share? That is the question. This is all I will say, when my children are hurting, I hurt too. Enough said. :o)

A godly woman I admire, recently (this week) had a series of post regarding, Parent's Love. But I feel that post not only applies to parents, but it can also be applied in all relationships. She has no idea how timely her post was. Lately in our Castello, we have been talking about precisely what she wrote about. But not from a parental view.

Below are three questions she asked:

1. Have I spoken words of love and blessings to my children?

2. Did I show love with my actions?

3. Did I treat my child the way I want to be treated?


Those are GREAT questions to ask ourselves. You don't have to be a mom to ask yourself those questions. I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister, cousin, aunt and friend. I can ask myself those questions in all my relationships. If you are a grandmother, girlfriend, son, nephew, grandson, boyfriend, father or brother, you can ask yourself those questions.

As a daughter, I answer yes to all those questions. Well, at least when it comes to my dad. We have an awesome relationship. Every time I talk to him, I tell him I love him. But as we all know, love is a verb, it's an action. So, I also show him I love him. Not just with hugs and kisses, but by doing things for him. As for my mom, it's a little harder for me. But I do try. Our relationship is a little strained. But that doesn't mean I don't love her. I do show her with my actions. I know I have to tell her with my words too, but somehow, expressing my love for with words is harder than showing her with my actions. I know I have to work on that.

Needless to say that all this roller coaster riding has me on my knees... praying. I know that God is in control. We grow through adversity, it builds character. Let me tell you, boy do the dwellers of the Castello have character! LOL! The love in our Castello over flows. My cup runneth over.

Let me end by asking this...

Do the ones you love, know you love them? Are you telling them? Are you showing them? If you are being convicted of loving a loved one, is there enough evidence to get you sentenced?

No comments: