Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Here And There

This week is going rather smoothly. But I feel a little disconnected. Can't quite pin point why. It's not a bad thing, just different.

My Knight's car is in the shop. Looks like it's going to need a new transmission. YIKES! God sure has a way of working things out. Airman G is here for his Spring Break. Soaring Amongst The Clouds has been able to work things out with her school schedule. She's not had to use the car, to drive to and from school. Which means. even though we are down one car, it's like we're not. We have enough transportation to go around. What an AWESOME God we serve. He ALWAYS provides for our needs.



Still Waters was involved in a little fender bender. It's really more of a left side front crack than a fender bender. Apparently, Still Waters had finished backing out of her parking space when another student backed into her. She quickly called her dad, "What do I do?" They exchanged information and went on their way. No need to involve the police or insurance company. Isn't that great?! Imagine that "humans behaving humanly... brilliant!" Sorry, I couldn't resist, I love that commercial.

Today was Steps' birthday. Happy Birthday Steps! You ROCK! Daughter of the King baked some cookies and took them (along with his gift) to his home. On our last trip to MGM Studios she had bought him a Pirates of the Caribbean pen. You see, he's a writer. I hear he really liked the pen and the box it came in. :o) She had lunch with his family. Then they swung by here to pick up G.I. Joe and headed out to church. By then it was time for his bible drill practice. While G.I. Joe is at bible drill, Daughter of the King, Steps, Jewel's (his mom) and the other youth worship singers practice what they'll be singing during youth service.



Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Airman G went to a Braves Spring Training game. They had a FANTABULOUS time. A mom from our local homeschooling group had two tickets that they weren't going to be able to use. She offered them to whoever wanted them. Another mom responded to the email before I did. But it turned out that her hubby wasn't going to be able to take the day off from work. So, she contacted me and blessed us with the tickets.

I had lunch with the Scrapper. We ate at her favorite bbq restaurant. We were there from 12:30p - 5:00p! I'm not kidding! It's been a while since we've had a chance to catch up. I enjoy our lunch/almost dinner outings. LOL! She was quite the chatterbox. She's so proud of her son, Airman G. He's a fine young man.

By the time I got home it was almost time to head out to church. We had an AWESOME prayer meeting. When I say prayer meeting, that's EXACTLY what I mean. We went through the prayer list and at times we'd stop and pray as the Lord would lead us to. Our pastor also asked the members if they had any prayer requests or praises. As we went through the room, we'd often stop and pray. It was an incredible prayer meeting. After the prayer meeting, he met with all the Sunday School teachers. We will be starting a "new" concept. Our pastor will be handing out topics and preach on it for 6 weeks. We as Sunday School teachers will be "reinforcing" what he's preaching. Which means that everyone parent and child will be hearing the same thing. That way the children and the parents can interact and talk about what was taught in class. When we were members at a different church, they did that. It really works. It brought families together. Not too different than home church is it?! My Knight and I are looking forward to starting this. I think it will unify our church and families.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wish I could have had a four hour lunch with you! I could use a good talk!