Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mom, Something Is Wrong With The Car

While I was in the process of trimming the Warrior's hair, Daughter of the King handed me my cell phone. "Mom, something is wrong with the car. I had to pull off on the side of the road." My heart stopped beating.

Those are some of the words a parent doesn't want to hear. Still Waters was on the way home from SU. The drive is about 35-45 minutes. It's a two lane road from our Castello to SU. For about 25 minutes of that ride, all you see are trees. My first concern was, she's alone, she's 19 years old and a beautiful Fair Maiden.

I quickly got into my car and drove as fast as I could, to be with my Baby Girl. I called my Knight and he told me to have the car towed to the place we usually take our cars to get new tires. I called good ole' AAA. An hour and a half later, the tow truck showed up. By that time, we had been dinner for many mosquitoes and it was drizzling. My Knight arrived a short time after the tow truck. Once my Knight got there, Still Waters and I left for home.

When we were half way home, my Knight called. Another tow truck was needed. Still Waters had parked the car a little too far off the road. She has seen plenty of videos of reckless drivers hitting parked cars. The problem was that it was way close to a ditch. The ditch was not easy to see, cause the grass was so high. I was told it was a miracle she didn't lose control of the car and that the car didn't flip. So, they all waited for the second tow truck. My Knight didn't make it home until 8p. This whole ordeal started at 3:30p.

I can't begin to share how I felt when Still Waters called me. Crazy thoughts came and went. I began to silently pray. But I have to say, that for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been praying more fervently than ever before. I don't know why, but my spirit has not been at ease. I know that our family is under attack. I know that many of my friends are also under attack. I know that spiritual warfare is something people don't like to talk about. But I'm a firm believer that satan exists and that this world is his playground. I have been praying for a hedge of protection around my family and those we know and love. There have been so many incidents where, we know that God has shielded us. We see miracles every day, but sometimes we are just too busy to take notice.

Today, I'm thankful for God's protection. For His Word and promises. Take the time to look around today. Expect a miracle....

No comments: