Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Day With Daughter Of The King

This weekend Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Still Waters went camping with the college/career Sunday School class. They went on the same trip last year and they had a great time. They get to camp on the beach.

They left the church, Friday around 2p. Since Still Waters has classes until 2:30p. and it's on the way to where they were heading, they stopped by the US to pick her up. I rode along so I could drive the car she used back home.

Well the meteorologist reported, that the temperature was going to dip and the Fair Maidens packed accordingly or at least one of them did. As Soaring Amongst The Clouds was packing some last minute stuff, we got to talking. We were wondering if Still Waters had packed her sweatshirt and jacket. Well she checked her sister's closet and she hadn't. So she packed it for her. Ah... sisterly love.

Since two of the Fair Maidens were gone for the weekend, that meant that the women were outnumbered in our Castello. That does not happen often. LOL! I decided to have a daughter and mother day on Saturday with my Daughter of the King.

Our day started out with her taking care of little ones at church while their moms attended a gathering. She was there until lunch time. I picked her up and I let her decide where she wanted to eat. She wanted Burger King. From there we went to Books-A-Millions. All of my Fair Maidens enjoy reading. We were there for over 2 hours! :o) We ended up purchasing Scooter's Christmas present. (*more on this later) Daughter of the King purchased a Christian t-shirt (yes, they now sell Christian accessories) for herself (in pink- which shocked me and will shock everyone else cause she never wears pink), a card for a friend and two gifts for two other friends. Oh, about Scooter's gift, I told his mom, that I was going to help build his library. I know he will get lots of toys from his grandparents and uncles. He has already has lots of cute outfits, so I figured books would be the way to go. She even takes him to mom & tot library time. So for his first Christmas present we got him, The First Christmas, The Night Before Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas dvd. We walked the mall for a little while and then headed out.

We really didn't want to go home, so we stopped at Dairy Queen to have some ice cream. The Dairy Queen is close to a quaint little town. I love visiting this little town. We decided to visit this little town's down town. We ate our ice cream while we window shopped. Once we were done with our ice cream, we went into my favorite shops. I shop so often in one of the shops that they know me by name. I know the owner likes me cause she knows I have 3 daughters and we are all fans of Vera Bradley. So when she sees me walk in, she sees $$$. LOL! But I have to admit she's an real nice lady and she always gives me the best deals. I also stopped in my favorite little shop that sells Crocs. Apparently new crocs are coming out for the winter. They have fleece lining to keep the toes toasty. I need to look into that. By the time we were done it was almost dinner time.

I can only speak for myself, but I had a wonderful time. We laughed and we talked. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to just laugh and talk with just my Daughter of the King. She has a smile that just brightens those around her. Thank you for spending the day with me... I love you sweetie!

I need to make a point to spend one on one time with each of my children. We really don't get to do that. My Fair Maidens are older now and are busy being college students and a senior in high school. I won't say I'll try, I'll say I will be spending some one on one time with them. That's if they have the time to spend with me...

“Do or do not, there is no try”
- Yoda

No comments: