Sunday, October 07, 2007

Oh No, SAT Again?!

Yesterday, Daughter of the King took the SAT again. She had a very good score the first time around. She's just trying to improve it. The goal is to get the 100% scholarship, she's already gotten the 75% scholarship. I'm so proud of her.

Steps was also taking the SAT again. It worked out great. My friend Jewels (mom to Steps) came by to pick up our Fair Maiden and took them both to the school where they were scheduled to take the test. Did I mention that Steps is also homeschooled? Well, he is. They were to give us a call once they got done with the test. They were there from 7:30a- 2:30p. I felt so bad for them. I'm soooooo glad I'm 44!

Back in July, Steps had a "talk" with my Knight regarding our Daughter of the King. You can read about it here. So being that they are friends and getting to know each other, we invited him over to spend some time with us after the test. We "talked" a little more. My Knight suggested they both read, I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Josh Harris. I bought this book back in 1997 when it first came out. That means that Daughter of the King was only 7 years old at the time her sisters were only 9 & 8 years old. Talk about planning ahead! LOL! We knew way back when we first had children that we really didn't want them to date. Oh, I have to mention too, that we weren't Christians at the time either, so it had nothing to do with religion or a relationship with the Lord. It had everything to do with how my Knight and I were raised but, I'll leave that for another day. :o) They both agreed that they would read the book. Once they're done, we'll sit and talk about what they've read. See what they agree with and what they don't agree with, what they liked and what they disliked. They are both 17 years old, so I believe this is a step in the right direction.

During his visit we watched the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This is one of our favorite movies. It's like watching a movie about our family. The dad in the movie even talks like my dad. We spent the afternoon laughing.

We invited Steps to stay for dinner. This was his first time having an authentic Cuban dinner. We had chicken fricassee, white rice, tostones (fried green plantains) and Cuban bread. I forgot to make the salad. :o( He seemed to like it, but I later found out, that he really like the tostones. Which is both of our Squire's favorites. :o)

Even though it was an SAT day, it was a good day. We all had a quiet day at home. Good food and good company, what more could one ask for?

No comments: