Saturday, January 20, 2007

Shoot Straight

Our oldest two and their College & Career Sunday School class had a group fellowship tonight. I know this sounds funky, but yes, they all went to Shoot Straight.... an indoor shooting range. :o)

The girls wanted us to come along. I'm so glad they enjoy spending time with mom and dad. :o) I have to say upfront, we had a BLAST! (pun intended) My Babe and I took two of our guns. Our .357 magnum and the 38 special. Some of the others brought along their dad's gun too.

I need to mention that this was not my first time shooting. My Babe taught me how to shoot when we first got married. Yep, almost twenty five years ago. I've only gone shooting a couple of times since. It's been a little over 20 years since I've shot a revolver. I'm a little rusty, but I would LOVE to get back into the swing of it.


The targets above are from shooting the 22 caliber rifle. It's hard to see, all but one shot is center target. The white dots that are between the arms are not holes. My first shot was right above the number 5 on the chest. After my first shot I got comfortable with the rifle. It was a heavy rifle but easy on the trigger. Gotta get me one of those. ;o)

This was my target for the 357 magnum. Boy does this gun have a kick to it. All I kept thinking was "be still my heart!" I just LOVED shooting this revolver. It had such power to it. My very first shot of the night was all the way to the right on the paper. I forgot to cock the gun. So it was very hard for me to pull the trigger. Needless to say that I cocked it every time after that.

The shots on the left arm were done by my Babe. He was aiming there. We shared this target. He wanted to keep away from my area, so I can claim my hits. I love this man. XxOoXXOO
I'm so psyched about going target shooting again. I know Baby Girl #3 and the boys would love it too. We hope to go as a family soon.

*note: I had the hardest time winding down tonight. Last time I checked the time it was 3:46a. I did use my time wisely though. I prayed for those that the Lord laid in my heart to pray for.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ok - that was definity an exciting night!