Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Diamond

God has incredible timing. I shouldn't be amazed by this, I really shouldn't. I know, that I know, that His timing is ALWAYS best... no matter what.

I receive a couple of different devotionals, every day from different sites. Being that I've been sharing about what I consider my Treasures, I thought I'd share one of my devotions for today. I felt it went along with what I've been writing about lately.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A diamond is a chunk of coal that made good under pressure.

SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY: Consider it all joy…when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. -James 1:2-4

How true is that! Without trials and tribulations, we wouldn't have those mountaintop experiences. Without those hard, heartbreaking times, I wouldn't be who I am today. Do I want to go through the valleys? No, but I'm thankful that He's carrying me through them. I start off as a coal and He turns me into a diamond. What an AWESOME Father I have. He can be yours too. Ask me how.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amen to that . . .thank goodness He is with us every step of the way!