Friday, October 03, 2008

I'm Blessed

Last night around 9p, I let Nicodemus (our golden retriever) out. About 20 minutes later, I called him back in. As I was calling him, I saw him doing his business around where my Knight usually parks his car. I quickly got onto him and tried to get him to stop. I was too late. URGH!!!

I believe Nicodemus was missing my Knight. You see he had to work last night, so he was gone since noon. So as retaliation, he pooped right where my Knight parks his car. Not only that, but it was right where one steps out of the car. So I got the shovel attempted to "scoop" it up. But it wasn't happening. URGH!!! So I decided to hose it down. I cleaned the shovel and went back into our Castello. I sat down to watch the rest of the debate. After a while our children went to bed (at different times). After the debate I decided to change into my pj's and brush my teeth. That's when I noticed that poop was all over the bottom of my slippers. OH MY WORD!!! I was LIVID!

It was 10:30p and I was mopping the floor down stairs. I mopped the whole down stairs. I couldn't remember where I had walked so, I cleaned it all. URGH!!! I also bagged up my slippers and put it in the trash. Yes, it was that bad. How I didn't notice before, I'll never know. I can't believe I hadn't notice the odor. Needless to say, I told my Knight that once Nicodemus passes away, we won't be getting another dog. I know that's kind of drastic. But I said that in the heat of the moment. So that's how my day ended yesterday.

The last couple of days, I've been feeling a little under the weather. I thought that by today, I would be feeling a little better. Ah... no. But there were things that needed to get done. Pain or not pain, laundry, groceries and errands needed to get done. The library called,they had some items waiting for us and other items were ready to get turned in. When I got home from all the errands, the laundry had been done, all the clothes were folded and some were put away. I didn't ask anyone to do that for me. The Warrior had seen the basket of clothes on the couch and took it upon himself to fold it and put it away. I was blessed by his gesture of kindness.

G.I. Joe had soccer practice and The Wariror had baseball practice too. My Knight took The Warrior to his baseball practice. Did I mention that my Knight is coaching The Warrior's team? Well , he is. When I got back from soccer practice, I was all tuckered out. I was not looking forward to cooking a meal. When I opened the front door to our Castello, I was greeted by some wonderful aromas. Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Daughter of the King had cooked dinner. I was blessed by their thoughtful gestures.

I'm so blessed. Thank you Lord for my family. I'm so underserving...

No comments: