Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Moving On...

I know that I ended my previous post with the statement, "to be continued...". Well, obedient wife that I am (I hope you didn't spew on your computer!- LOL!), I will do as my Knight has suggested... "let it go, it's not worth your time." I LOVE my man!

God is good... ALL the time. So much has been happening. Some good and some not so good, but in the end, He gets ALL the glory. Cause He... ROCKS!

Where do I begin?! I'll start with the not so good. Not because I'm a pessimist (cause those that know me, know I'm not!) but because I just want to get it out of the way and focus on the good. :o)

Daughter of the King has not been feeling well. My poor Baby Girl has been running a temp (on and off) of 101-104! She's also been having some pain on her right side. First we thought it was stress related. She's not too thrilled about being a student at UCF. She wants to continue her studies in sign language, but taking the prerequisits is not what she wants to be doing right now. Well, the pain was getting worse and we took her in, cause we were thinking, appendicitis or something like that. I'll have to share what happened to my Knight, but I'll leave that for another day. Hope I remember! Anyway, when we got to the doc's office her temp was 96.4 and that concerned him. She was pale and anemic. After "poking" around on her belly he sent us to the hospital to have a pelvic/abdomen ultrasound (stat) and he ordered some lab work too. Praise the Lord it all came back negative. \o/ He asked us to keep an eye on her and he's leaning towards it being colitis. Now stress does not cause colitis, but it does aggravate it. URGH! Please keep our Fair Maiden in your prayers.

Still Waters is enjoying this semester. Well, kind of. Her university is undergoing some construction. Which means that the students have to find different routes to their classes and park in... ah.... Egypt. My poor Baby Girl has to tote a backpack that weighs 5 times her weight. Those that know her, know she doesn't even weigh 105 soaked and wet! Aside from all that, things are looking great for her.

Soaring Amongst The Clouds is staying pretty busy. She looking into taking a trip with a group of students to North Carolina. They will be kayaking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding and hiking. Exactly what she (and her siblings) loves to do. What can I say, our children are thrill seekers! Ok, now for this part of the news, you better sit down. Starting tonight she'll be taking swing dancing lessons. YEAH BABY! I KNOW she's going to love it. She's stepping out of her comfort zone, but I know she's enjoy learning these dances. YOU GO GIRL!

G.I. Joe's soccer team won yesterday, 4-2. He scored his first goal too! I'm sure they must of heard me in the next county... "YEAH BABY... WAY TO GO BABY!!!" What can I say, I couldn't help myself! The photographer got some good picutres. I'll post them as soon as I get them. :o)

Last week after the soccer game, the team and the families stopped at a fast food place to eat dinner. While we were in line, a teammate went up to G.I. Joe and told him he should go on a date with Country Girl. Apparently she likes him. Did I mention that she's 16 and G.I. Joe is 14? Well, now you know. G.I. Joe told his teammate that he's not allowed to date, cause we don't believe in dating. The teammate didn't believe him. So G.I. Joe told him, "Ask my parents." We were not even two feet away. The teammate came over and asked if G.I. Joe could take Country Girl out on a date. We smiled and told him, "We don't believe in dating." The look on his face expressed disbelief and confusion. He had never heard of people not dating. We talked briefly about what we believe and he was very surprised. I later talked to G.I. Joe about it and he told me he felt a little relieved. Boundaries are good. Too much pressure is put on the young to date and be a "couple". Things would be so much better, if they just hung out and do things as a group... supervised of course. ;o)

Fall Ball has started and The Warrior is thrilled that his daddy is coaching his team. Not only that, but his best friend Bro is also on his team. I know they will have a great time. My Knight is a wonderful coach. To him it's all about the children learning and at the same time having a little fun too... perfect balance.

Homeschooling is going well. At first we had some adjusting to do. We've been use to getting school done before our sport practice (be it baseball or football). Practices were usually at 6p or later. Well soccer practice is at 3p. Games are usually at 4p or 6p. That's one of the reasons why I love homeschooling... flexibility. After changing some of our routine, we are now able to get what we need to get done, done. Granted, there are still times when my Knight has to help G.I. Joe with a subject. But it's all coming along nicely.

So, all in all, things are moving along nicely. Life is good...

No comments: