Monday, September 01, 2008

The Gift Of Good Intentions

Those that know me, know that I have the gift of good intentions. Today, I'd say it's more like the curse of good intentions.

My Knight was outside putting up a net as a backdrop for our Squires to practice their hitting .


The Squires help dad built it. But I was only able to take pictures of this after it was done. Cause while they were busy doing that, I was "trying to help" out my Knight. With all the rain we've had our grass has really grown. So I thought, I'd mow the grass. I really do enjoy doing that. I'd rather do that than clean the Castello! NO KIDDING!!! Well, my intentions were good but...



... while trying to turn on the lawn mower, I apparently broke the hand lever that lowers the cutting blades. Who knew I was superwoman with super strength?! URGH!!! Can you say... chaching $$$!!! Well, since the blades were already lowered, I figured, "ok, might as well cut the grass." Right? Wrong... cause next thing I did was...



... run over the sewer system clean out thingy. Yep...



... pieces went flying everywhere! That did it. I LOST it! I was physically shaking from all the damage I had done. I was scared to tell my Knight what I had done. He already knew about the lawn mower. This was not going to go well. When I showed him, he didn't say a word. He just walked away. He needed to be alone and believe me. I wasn't going to go near him. He knew I hadn't don't it on purpose, that I had "good intentions". But I was beside myself. Did I mention that this was not the first time I had done this? Well, it's not. I've done this before.

A little while later, my Knight came over, hugged me, kissed me and said "I'm sorry Babe, please forgive me." I started crying and told him he had nothing to apologize for. I was the one that messed up... again. He just kissed me and told me, "Don't worry about it, it's ok. You're just my brunette, Lucy." Referring to redheaded , Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy.

His comment got me thinking. I use to watch that ALL the time when I was younger. Hmmmm... if it were up to the experts they would all say that the wacky things I do now are because of what I watched on tv while I was growing up. AWESOME!!! I can blame it all on Lucy...

No comments: