Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another Sleepless Night

I've heard that the older one gets, the less sleep they require. If that's the case, then I don't want to know what my sleeping (or should I say waking) habit is going to be when I'm 70, 80 plus!

I'm a night owl. My Knight is a morning person, so he tries to go to bed at a decent time. I "try" to go to bed at the same time as he does, but I don't usually fall asleep right away. So... I pray while I lay there awake.

Last night was one of those nights. I went to bed at 12midnight. My Knight was busy on the computer. He was working on some baseball little league stuff. So I was more than happy to stay up with him. I slept until 1 am. Nothing woke me up, no knocking on my bedroom door, no loud noise from the Seamstress closing the bathroom door, not her snoring or my Knights lullaby snoring- I'm use to his, it helps me sleep. :o) I just woke up. Sooooo, I asked the Lord what I needed to pray for. You wouldn't believe all the things that came to mind. I was up until 6am... praying... in my bed... I wasn't even tired!

Let me share some of what He laid in my heart...

* I thanked God for being the creator. For being the one and only true God. For His son, Jesus Christ. For the blood he shed. For His tears. For His unchanging, everlasting love. For His Word, His promises. For His mercy and grace. For what He's blessed me with. For being my Father.

* Airman G had a friend who died in a car accident during the Christmas season. His friend was only 19. I prayed for the family and all those who know them.

* I have a dear friend who's husband divorced her after 20+ years of marriage. He is now engaged to another lady. The children are hurting, my friend is hurting. I prayed for all of them, yes even her ex-husband and his new family. I prayed for all the marriages. Those that are suffering and those that aren't. I also prayed for those that are courting and those that are about to wed.

* I prayed for single parents and their children.

* I know someone who is a verbal abuser. This person provokes their children. I prayed for this family. I prayed for those who are physically abused, mentally abused and verbally abused. There are too many who are hurting.

* I prayed for those contemplating suicide. I recently heard of a student who committed suicide on campus. Another one threaten to commit suicide. My heart aches for them and their families.

* I prayed for the salvation of those that aren't saved. That God send them someone that can witness to them in the way they can "see the Light".

* I prayed for peace in the homes.

* I prayed for my children and their future. For them to marry the person God intends them to marry. For their marriage. For them to be the man and woman after God's own heart. For them to walk the straight and narrow path and not deviate. For a hedge of protection. That the evil one not find a foot hole and mess with them. For wisdom, discernment & courage. For God to guard their eyes, minds, heart and ears. For their salvation. For God to bless them with spiritual gifts, talents, good health and that they be good stewards of their blessings. For God to bless their education and as they continue on the journey He's set before them. I prayed for lots more too. Not only did I pray this for them, but for their future spouse, the children they will have and the generations to follow.

* I prayed for my Knight. May he be the man God created him to be. For God to give him wisdom and discernment. I prayed for him as I prayed for my children.

* I prayed for my family and my Knight's family.

* I prayed for my community and my church.

These are just some of the things He laid in my heart. I often have sleepless nights. But He has a way of getting me through my day. By the end of the day I'm tired, but it's a good tired. Needless to say that I cry myself to sleep while praying. But my tears aren't not only tears of sadness, they are also tears of joy and hope.

Tonight while my Knight was with G.I. Joe at baseball practice, I sat to write my blog entry. Soaring Amongst The Clouds was busy studying and texting Airman G. Still Waters was listening to music while doing her homework. The Warrior was in his room playing. The Seamstress was watching one of her programs- it was a Spanish one. Daughter of the King came in and laid down on my bed. I stopped writing and laid down beside her. We talked a little about everything. I love moments like that. Be still my heart...

No comments: