Saturday, December 16, 2006

Movies and Songs

This evening, my oldest daughter and I sat down to watch our favorite movie, Last of the Mohicans. My favorite character is Nathaniel and Cora. M's favorite is Uncas. I can't tell how many times we've seen this movie. We already know it by heart. We can even quote lines! It's great to watch a movie with someone who enjoys watching the same movies you do. It's even greater when it's a loved one. ;o) Oh, like always, the book is always better than the movie. You can find out more about the book at Last of the Mohicans.

As I was blogging tonight, I searched for a song that's been going through my mind. I'm glad to say found it. It's A Wonderful World was originally sung by Louis Armstrong. Which I happen to love his version of it. The one I was looking for is sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. He combined Somewhere Over The Rainbow and It's a Wonderful World. He was known as IZ, the Gentle Giant. He was Hawaiian. What a beautiful and peaceful voice he had. There is something to be said about songs that are sung in the native language. Whether it be Celtic, Native American, Hawaiian or any other ethnic group. I just love to hear all types of music.

If you are interested in hearing this song you can visit Facing Future. Listen to song number 14. I ended up ordering this cd. I can't wait till my cd comes in.

No comments: