Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Gift of The Magi

Yesterday I went to my favorite book store, Books-A-Million. I saw a book that stopped me in my tracks. A book called, The Gift Of The Magi by O. Henry. I remember reading this book as a child. It was my favorite Christmas story. You have to remember that I was saved back then. This story makes me cry and warms my heart. I highly recommend it.

Well, I didn't buy cause I just knew that I had it at home "somewhere" in our school room. Once I got home, I searched high and low for it. It was nowhere to be found. So today, I went back to the book store. I just had to read it to my children today. It couldn't wait. Never mind that I had a head ache.
So once I got home, I took a nap. I woke up all refreshed. I called all my children and we all sat on the couch. My Babe was even sitting on the couch too, but he was busy doing work on his computer. He did listen as I read it. The girls remembered the story. I must of checked it out from the library when they were younger. The boys had never heard it. I was pleasantly surprised when Daniel told me later on that they had both sacrificed what meant the most to them, because they loved each other. Even though the book had words that were beyond his comprehension, he still understood what the story was all about.

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
-1 Thess 5:18

Can't forget that today is Thankful Thursday! There is so much I'm thankful for. Here is my list of ten for today:

Ten things I'm thankful for...

* Family

* Friendship

* Unconditional Love

* The True Meaning of Christmas

* Christmas Music

* Answered Prayers: whether they are answered as I expected or not. He knows what's best.

* Our Soldiers: they have chosen to give their time and sometimes even their lives for our freedom and the freedom of others.

* My camera: I get to capture moments and keep memories.

* Books

* Rain

No comments: