Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Watch Out "SU"!

Today was a big day for Still Waters. It was her first day at "SU". She has classes every day. The great thing is that all her classes are in two buildings and the buildings are close to each other.

The campus is BEAUTIFUL! It has a quaint, small town atmosphere. She loved the library. She noticed that they have "old" classics. She's looking forward to checking some of the "oldies" out. She will be working in the media center. She's very excited about that.

Orientation was Friday-Tuesday. She was at school all those days. Got to meet some students that are transfer students just like her. I know that she is going to love attending "SU". It's perfect for her. Oh, she ate at the cafeteria today and said that lunch was great! She had a drink, a slice of pizza (just like Tony's) and a salad. All that for only $3! She told me the food was great!

This is going to be a great semester. She is taking Calculus I, Biblical Literature, Digital Arts and Computer Science. Her counselor tried to talk her out of taking Calculus this semester since she was also taking the Computer Science class. She felt that the work load might be too much. That she should take a "lighter" class. LOL! Well, she doesn't know my Still Waters! She can do anything she sets her mind to, not only that, but she knows that as long as she's following God's will for her life, things will always work out. Besides that, she's got the best tutor one could ever have... her Dad! He's a software engineer. Her classes for this semester are right up his alley. ;o)

I know this will be hard to believe, but I was up early this morning. It is well known, that I am not a morning person. I wanted to see her off and take a "first day at the U" picture. Needless to say, I didn't get a picture. Not because I didn't try, but because she wasn't co-operating. URGH!!! BUT, I didn't give her a hard time about it. I'm learning to "be quiet". Even if it means gritting my teeth, biting my tongue and smiling. I've got TMJ, bloody lip and a botox smile to prove it! :o)

No comments: