Friday, July 27, 2007

A Visit From My Cousin In North Carolina

My Dad is the oldest of four children. La Diva is a couple of years younger than my dad. She got married when she was young, but found out he was a bigamist. They got divorced and she never married again. She never had children. His youngest sister Super Mom,was a twin. The Rebel was born a little over 23 hours after Super Mom. So they are twins, but don't share the same date of birth. Super Mom had three boys. Her first two are twins, The Banker and The Athlete. Little R was born years later. Even though he's in his 30's, we all still call him Little R. The Rebel is the most complicated of all my aunts and uncles. I would need a whole new entry to share about him. So I'll leave it like this for now. :o)

The Banker and his three children came to visit us. He and his wife (Mai) are in the process of getting a divorce. They have been living in North Carolina for over 10 years. They love it up there. Well, who wouldn't? :o)

They arrived on Tuesday, July 24 around 3p. They left today around 11a. We were the pit stop. Their final destination was visiting our family down in Miami. We just kinda of hung out together, while they were here. Our Fair Maidens had a softball game on Tuesday night, so we all went to that. Wednesday during the day, they all went swimming. After lunch, The Banker took the five youngest cousins to the driving range. They all had a great time hitting some golf balls. My Squires had never done that before. They loved it! I guess I should add golf clubs to my list of "gifts to get". ;o) Our church had a "mock, Disaster Relief drill" on Wednesday night. My Knight and our Fair Maidens are part of the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Team, so they were helping in the mock drill. The Banker and our the "young cousins", played the part needing shelter due to being left homeless because of a "hurricane". It was a "learning" experience for all involved. Thursday night Soaring Amongst The Clouds and Daughter of the King's womens softball team had a double header. Sooooo, we spent the night at the fields. Even though we didn't "go out", we stayed pretty busy. All the cousins enjoyed staying home and just playing.

The visiting cousins are contemporary with my youngest two. Xerox will be 15 yr. old in December. I'll call her Xerox, cause she's a carbon copy of her mama. Not just the way they look, but how they act. She's a sweet young lady. Medulla Oblongata (MO) is 13 years old. He is a brainiac. He doesn't like sports, but he loves to flex his brain muscles. Sweetie Pie is 11 yrs. old. I call him this because it's a nickname Mai gave him when he was young. He is a sweetie pie. I felt really bad for him because he's got allergies really bad. Our Nicodemus (a golden retriever) is an indoor dog. Poor Sweetie Pie was sneezing and coughing the whole time they were here. There really wasn't much we could do for him. He did spend a lot of time playing with my Squires up in their room. Nicodemus isn't allowed upstairs.


The Banker and I. He tells me quite often that I'm his favorite cousin. I can't see me being a favorite of anyone or anything. I know his cousins from his dad side of the family and they ROCK! Needless to say that my sister, Boss Lady, ROCKS too. If my brother, Toots, was here, he'd be the BOMB! Thanks my Banker, you hold a special place in my heart too.



It's not easy getting a group picture. But I think this one came out pretty good. Here we have: Still Waters (on the left wearing the maroon shirt), Sweetie Pie (all in royal blue), Xerox (pink baby doll shirt), Daughter of the King (behind Xerox), MO (all white t-shirt), G.I.Joe (behind MO), Soaring Amongst The Clouds (Snoopy t-shirt) and The Warrior (up front). At first I said, "Ok, all the tall ones in the back." I quickly realized, they are all about the same height! LOL!



We are only missing one of the girl cousins and that would be Drama Queen. DQ is my niece. She's my sister's oldest daughter. They don't live here, which is why she's not in the picture.



Here we have all the boys cousins. Well, not really. All the boys cousins that were here. Boss Lady has one son, Papa and The Athlete has two sons, The Lawyer and Master Suave. They were being uncooperative. This is the best I could do. LOL!

Over all everyone had a great time. There was lots of laughter and smiling faces. We are looking forward to seeing them again next Friday. Once again, we'll be the pit stop on their way back home.

No comments: