Friday, May 18, 2007

Best Children In The World!

Yep, I've got the best children in the world. As I'm writing this, four of them are outside, weeding, raking and working around our pool area. The other one is inside in the kitchen getting ready to start dinner.

They are all doing this without being told to. I didn't suggest it. I haven't talked about it. I haven't complained about how it looks. They took it upon themselves to get out there and do what needed to be done.

I enjoy gardening. I find it very relaxing to be outside, messing with soil, planting and uprooting. I just can't do it. Being that I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE for short), I can't be out in the sun much or do anything that stresses me out.

Soaring Amongst The Clouds, Still Waters, G.I. Joe and The Warrior are all busy working outside. We don't like to use mulch. Mainly because roaches love it. Instead we use dried up dead grass. It does the same work that mulch does, it helps keep the plants moist. Also, it helps to prevent weed from growing. Still Waters is the one that read up on it. I know it doesn't look real nice right now, but once we plant some more, it will look much nicer.

Coming out of our pool patio to the right is this small area. Right now we only have a lavender plant. We are going to add some other herbs to this area. It's an accessible area. Our barbecue grill is on the inside pool patio. Our pool patio door leads to the family room/kitchen area.


These are our gardenias. It's one of my favorite flowers. My Abuelo Manolo ( my dad's dad) use to grow them. I remember their home always had the scent of gardenias. Sometimes on their dinning table, they would have a bowl filled with water, with gardenias floating in the bowl. It looked so pretty and smelled great. We plan on adding some other flowers too. It has to be low maintenance. We are a very busy family.

Daughter of the King is busy inside. She is cooking. She's making Grilled Chicken Breast, Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes with Oregano and Lemon.

Here we have the zucchini and tomatoes. She didn't make lots of it cause she wasn't sure if the others were going to like it or not.


Here we have the grilled chicken. She seasoned it with oregano, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I'll post an update later on.

* Update: The meal was a hit. Well at least with my Knight. He's a vegetable lover. I'm not a vegetable lover. The tomatoes were great, but I don't care for zucchini. None of our children (including the chef) liked the vegetables. Daughter of the King did a great job cooking. The chicken was delish! The veggies... ah... well... we aren't too into veggies.

Great job Baby Girl! We'll find a veggie we all like other than potatoes and corn. ;o)