Wednesday, May 30, 2007

All Is Not Well

My Warrior has been ill since Friday. He started to complain of a headache. Well, he really didn't complain. I happened to looked at him and he was silently crying cause his head hurt so much. Took his temp and it was 102.9.

Off to the tub he went to bring the fever down. He had no other symptoms other than a headache. So I gave him some motrin. Throughout the day I kept a cold compress on the top of his head. I got up a couple times during the night to make sure he didn't spike a fever. He didn't.

He spent all day Saturday with a headache and a low grade fever 101+. Oh along came a belly ache. My poor Baby.

Sunday morning, not only did he have head ache and a belly ache but he had diarrhea to go along with it. Time to stop the motrin (too strong for the belly). Charcoal capsules does wonders on belly aches. So that's what I gave him. His belly ached all day and made a couple of trips to the bathroom because of the big "D". He had a temp on and off through out the day. His head started to feel better.

Monday morning started up with him vomiting and the head ache was back. Poor thing. Now not only did he have a temp, a head ache, a belly ache and the big "D", the "V" came into the picture. I spent the day running back and forth with him.

Last night I had him sleep in the living room. We have a nice futon bed in there. I slept on the family room couch. I can hear him better from there. Our bedroom is to far away. I kept getting up throughout the night. Making sure the cold compress stayed cold and on his head. He slept soundly. Thank you Lord.

My Warrior is a remarkable 10 year old. Through all he's been through and is going through he faintly smiles. On more than one occasion, he's looked at me and said, "Mom, thank you for taking good care of me." Be still my heart...

He's been sick with this virus for 5 days now. There is no sign of him getting better. Lord, I know that no prayer is too small or unimportant. Please heal my Baby.

1 comment:

frannie said...

I hope he gets better soon. that sounds horrible!