Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's Up...

We are missing our family big time. It's been a blessing to be able to speak to them daily. I've been able to send the e-couragram to them. For each of them, I sent uplifting quotes and messages. I'm glad to hear that they have received some of them. I hope the others show up too.

In the past, I've sent with them a letter to be opened every day. I would share with them what I would be praying for on that day. I would share a scripture or a quote. No two letters were the same. Which means I wrote, 32 letters/notes, because 4 of the dwellers attended the mission trip. They were gone for 7-8 days. This year, 5 of the dwellers attended the trip. So I would of written 40 letters/notes. Being that we've been busy with All Star games, I had not been able to do what I've done in the past.

I felt awful because this was G.I. Joe's first mission trip and I wanted to do for him what I've done in the past for my Knight and our Fair Maidens. He of course had no clue what I had planned. So he's really not feeling like he's missing out on anything. Sending e-couragram daily has really worked out. I've been able to send one to everyone that went on the mission trip from our church. Which actually is turning out to sending more than 40 a day. You see, 17 of our church members went on this trip. But it's easier to send via email. I don't have to write the scriptures or quotes. I can just copy and paste. :o)

Allow me to share what happened on Tuesday. I sent one of the young men a note. I told him I was praying for him and shared a quote. I also mentioned that he should not follow in his brother's footsteps. I told him to be safe. You see, last year his brother was tearing down a chimney, a brick fell on him and cut him around the ear. He ended up going to the ER and getting stitches. Turns out, the day before (unbeknown to me) he had been stung by bees, sniped by a dog and burned by an appliance he was trying to move. When he got my note, he couldn't help but laugh. God sure has a funny sense of humor. By the way, this young man is doing well. He's loving what he's doing. They are all doing a great job.

Soaring Amongst The Clouds sent me a picture via the phone. She was standing on the porch of a pretty, quaint, little, white, house. It had a wooden swing on the porch. I asked her if it was the home she was working on. The home was very small. Turns out, it was the birthplace of Elvis Presley. WOW! How AWESOME was that! My Fair Maiden looked so beautiful standing on that porch.

I have not talked to G.I. Joe since he left. He is definitely enjoying his independence. LOL! I can't wait to hear all his trip and seeing things through his eyes.

I've only spoken once to Still Waters. The one time I spoke to her , she told me she was having a great time. Out of all my children, she will have pictures to go with her stories. I can't wait to see/hear all about her trip. Sweetie, you ARE your mother's child. :o)

Daughter of the King and Steps were put in the same crew team. So I know they are really enjoying working together. I can't wait to hear what they both have to share.

My Knight's voice has a way of soothing my soul. Even though my days have been like a whirlwind since he has been gone, hearing his voice at the end of the day (or during the day) warms and calms my spirit. I can't wait to see him, hold him and hear him.

For those that know my Warrior, you will find this hard to believe. My Warrior has been sleeping in until 9:30a! He is our earliest riser. He takes after his daddy. But he has been sooooooooo tired from all the b-ball practicing, that he's been sleeping in. I myself, have been getting up at 10a. But then again, I've been going to bed at 3-5a!

The Warrior has been having 2 practices a day. Batting cages in the morning and regular practice in the evening. Except today we had a 2p practice instead of the 6p. The coaches had checked the weather report. Looked like we were going to have lots of rain, so they decided for an earlier practice. Which worked out great cause it started raining at the end of practice. It wasn't the usual rain, it was a torrential downpour.

Yesterday, I went with the Warrior to look for a tape he needed for his bat. Turns out, we didn't need the special tape, electrical tape was what we needed to seal the end of the batting tape. Since we were close to the mall, we decided to go see a movie. We ended up seeing Indiana Jones. We LOVED it! But then again, we are Indy fans. :o) After the movies, we shopped for much needed pj pants for The Warrior. We decided to have an early dinner at the mall. We had Sbarro's pizza. It was DELISH! By the time we got home it was time to get ready for b-ball practice. So off we went. Bedtime turned out to be 11p. well, at least for The Warrior. I went to bed at 3:30a.

Today my Warrior had practice at 2p. We showed up at 1:30 and were the first ones to get there. My Knight will be proud. I'm never the first anywhere. LOL! I never do this but I had some errands to run, so I told the coach I'd be back, but I wouldn't be gone long. I am not one to drop my children off and take off. But today I ran a few errands. I didn't want to do the errands after practice, cause I knew my Warrior would be tired. That's why I decided to run the errands during practice.

My errnads...

* Pay a doctors bill. You see, my Knight does the bills. He pays them electronically. This particular doctor can't be paid electronically. Our insurance company didn't send the doctor the payment, they sent it to us. Wouldn't you know it, it came in while my Knight was away. Not that he would of been the one to go to the office and pay, but of all weeks for the check to arrive it was this week. The week that I have been running around like a crazy mama. One more thing for me to do. But I do it with a cheerful heart, because it's one less think for my Knight to worry about. While there...

* I went to Quaint Little Town (cause it's close to the doctors office). I went to one of the shops and bought something that Soaring Amongst The Clouds has been wanting. I know she's going to LOVE IT!!! While there...

* I went into one of the other little shops and got something for Daughter of the King. I know she is going to FLIP! I know, I'm showing my age again. :o) But I don't care, I'm thrilled to be 45. :o) Oh, the something I got her was even on sale! I know it sounds awful to get a present on sale, but once I can divulge what it is, you'll see how awesome it was to get it on sale. :o) In fact, I'm am now planning on going back and getting some more. ;o)

* I stepped into another little shop and purchased a "Life is good" cap, for myself. Did I mention that's been my motto for years? Well it has. Now, someone else is making gazillions off of my motto. LOL! Oh well... tale e vita (such is life).

* Stopped at the health food store to get some Arnica gel. It works wonders on black & blues, sore muscles and ache bones.

* I took a picture of a store, whose name happens to be friend's name. She has an uncommon name. So I thought she'd get a kick out of it. Now if I only knew how to send it via my new computer. Oy vey!

* Bought some more gatorade and lifewater. We really should buy their stock. Our children do drink plenty of that stuff.

Once the errands were done, I went back to the fields. They weren't done yet! Goodness! Good thing it started to pour. YEAH!!!

For a treat, my Warrior and I went to Baskin-Robin/Dunkin' Donuts. I had a double scoop, strawberry ice cream sundae with whipped cream and nuts. I know, you don't have to say it, I'll say it for you, "What a pig!" Yep, and I scarffed it down too. :o) My Warrior had a double chocolate oreo shake. He had a small one. For some reason when he eats too much ice cream it makes him cough. I wonder what's up with that? Anybody out there know why this happens?

Until the end of July, McDonald's is selling their hamburgers for 49 cents. Sorry, I don't know how to do the cent sign on my computer, so I have to type it out. Their cheesburgers are .59. I could write it like that but it looks funny having a period in the beginning and the end. Oh, but I did write it like that. LOL!! Oooops! My Warrior had two plain hamburgers with an order of medium freedom fries. I'm sure the coah won't be happy. But hey, they all ran 7 laps today. My Warrior has "0" body fat. I'm not exaggerating either. It's the truth. I figured a little treat won't harm him. Who loves ya Baby?! I know, the cows do. That's another story for another day. I of course ordered a cheesburger no pickles and an order of medium freedom fries. I checked my Warrior's burgers, but I should of checked mine too. Cause of course, it had a pickle. YUCKO! At least I can take the pickle out without it affecting how my burger tastes, My Warrior (my G.I. Joe too) don't like anything on their burgers. Just meat and bread.

Once we got home my Warrior unloaded the car, while I fed Sapphire and Belle. Next we took quick showers and sat down to eat. We were both so tired, we just sat and relaxed on our couch wrapped up in his quilt. We had a quiet evening together. I love nights like these.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Life is good. I'm so blessed...

Ooops, I need to share this. As we were walking out of the ice cream parlor (I know, I know, I'm dating myself again) It was raining. My warrior took off his baseball cap and gave it to me to cover my ice cream. His shake had a top. The he rain to the driver's side opened the door for me and closed it after I got in. Then he walked around to the other side and got in the car. Yes, that's my Warrior, the tender hearted. Be still my heart...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love hearing about your days. I bet you can't wait until your house if full again but it must be fun to spend some one on one time with your son too. Next time you got to Baskin-Robbins, call me! I love BR!