Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Handmade Soaps

I have always wanted to learn how to make handmade soap. I'm fascinated by the"old fashion" way of life. How things were made back in the old days. How life was hard and at the same time simple. I know it was hard work, but... hard work pays off.

There is NOTHING like handmade soaps! I'm extremely pleased that I've found some WONDERFUL handmade soaps. They are from The Foil Hat, Inc. I had heard of them years ago, but had never bought any. Don't know why I waited so long, but I'm glad I took the plunge- pun intended. :o) I can't say enough good things about their products.

Recently, one of the mom's from a homeschooling group I belong to, had a handmade soap workshop at her home. Turns out that the owner of The Foil Hat, Inc. was a friend of hers and she had agreed to do a workshop for her. When I first read her email, I was like, "YEAH! I'm going to learn to make soap!". Then I noticed the date of the workshop. Bummer! It was the same day as our Little League Opening Ceremony. Well, she told me no problem! She would share with me what she learned! What a blessing! I can't wait to learn. What's even better, is that my girls want to learn to! Now, how many 19, 18 or 17 year old young ladies would want to learn to make soap? :o)

For the time being, I will continue to get my soap from The Foil Hat, Inc. My favorites for now are: Lavender, Oatmeal- Milk & Honey, Down At The Shore & Lavender Orchard. They have many more, but those are the ones that I've tried. The scents aren't overpowering. My skin doesn't feel dry or too oily. It's a perfect balance. My skin feels soft and smooth. That's saying a lot, cause I have sensitive skin. Prior to these soaps I only used Dove or Cetaphil.

I recently purchased some other fragrances and I'm looking forward to trying those and others too. Oh, they do have "manly" scented ones too. I just bought some for my Knight and my Squires. I think my Squires are going to love the Chocolate scented one and the Dragon's Blood.

It's only 2p. I had a busy morning. I did 4 loads of laundry/folding too, returned some calls, helped Soaring Amongst The Clouds with her Spanish, helped The Warrior with his school work, cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed & gave Nicodemus a bath. Time to chill out for a bit before the afternoon rush. So off to take a bath I go. Ummmm... there is nothing like bathing in a tub full of scented oils or using my new found favorite soaps to lather in. More on this tomorrow.

No comments: