Monday, March 09, 2009

G.I. Joe Is 15!!!


Be still my heart... my first born son is 15 today!

Since I was a little girl, all I ever wanted was to be a wife and a mom. I wanted to be just like the mom on Cheaper By The Dozen. Not the new on but the "old" one. The one that's black and white, filmed in 1950. Click here to check it out. Anyway, I wanted to have 12 children, but all before I was thirty! I just didn't want to be 30 and pregnant. Which leads me to why I'm sharing all this. On my 30th birthday, I found out I was pregnant with... yep... you guessed it... G.I. Joe.

He was an answer to three little Fair Maiden's prayers. They would constantly ask, "When are we going to have a little brother?" They would pray throughout the day... at breakfast, lunch, dinner and at bedtime. You think they wanted a brother?! LOL! They prayed faithfully for four years. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled, ecstatic, overjoyed.... they were, when we shared the news.

It's a wonder he ever learned how to walk. They were constantly wanting to hold him and carry him. The Fair Maidens were always eager to lend a helping hand when it came to taking care of G.I. Joe. I would often find Daughter of the King sitting on the couch with him on her laps while she read to him or her sitting by his crib reading to him. Soaring Amongst The Clouds would not let any babysitter touch her brother. The Fair Maidens only allowed each other to put him to sleep, give him his bottle, feed him and change his diapers. A Prince had been born and they were there to pamper and take care of him. He was so loved.

In honor of G.I. Joe's 15th birthday, I will share 15 things about him...

* He smiles all the time and it's contagious.

* His hazel, brown eyes sparkle, and I'm not just saying that. It's the truth.

* He loves Jesus and it's evident.

* People gravitate to him.

* Easy going.

* A charmer to boot!

* Great sense of style.

* Athletic

* Catches on quick to whatever he's trying to learn.

* Humorous

* Committed

* Confident, but not conceited.

* Friendly and Fun

* Mature

* Loving and Caring

It's hard to make a list and just share 15 things about him. He has so many wonderful qualities that I love. But for now 15 is the limit.

I am so blessed that God chose me to be his mom. He has brought so much joy, happiness, fun and love to my life. Not just mine, but to the lives of the dwellers of the Castello. Not just to the dwellers of the Castello, but to those who know him. This world is a better place because of him.

Sweetie,

God has a plan for your life. Keep following the path He's laid before you and you won't go wrong. He is the Promise Keeper. He will be with you, every step of the way. Stay the course...

*I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be...


mom~

* From the book, Love You Forever. It was your favorite book when you were little. I made up a little song to that verse. I would hold you, rock you and sing it to you....

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

You are blessed with precious children--and they are blessed to have you as their mom!

Maybe you've noticed that I've had to password protect my blog. If you'd like an invitation to read it, please e-mail me. I think you have my address.